GLOBAL FOOD WINTER SCHOOL
⇒ 1-week course sponsored by EMFS partner companies
⇒ For 2nd or 3rd year Bachelor students of Food Sciences worldwide
About the Global Food Winter School programme
The Global Food Winter School is designed as a 1-week food science course with input from Wageningen University experts in collaboration with international universities and multinational food companies. The Global Food Winter School is an initiative of the partners in the European Master in Food Studies.
Relevant issues in the field of product development and consumer behaviour will be presented and discussed in the plenary presentations and during the company visits. A Product Development case is part of the course. This case provides a step-by-step overview of the product development process. Furthermore it gives participants the opportunity to practice team work in a product development context.
You will have the opportunity to meet professionals from different fields. They will provide in-depth analysis on food science topics as well as on further career opportunities in the field.
The Global Food Winter School 2021 is cancelled due the COVID-19. We hope to welcome you again in February 2022.
about this exciting event (2018 group, Global Food Summer School).
The following is to give an impression of the day-to-day programme of the Global Food Winter School. A detailed programme will be shared with participants.
- Monday: Opening 09:00 hrs (UTC+1); introduction to the Group work on Product Development case; Unilever Sustainability workshop (tbc).
- Tuesday: Lectures on Scientific and technical innovation and on Consumer behaviour; Group work PD case.
- Wednesday: Excursions to Mars (Veghel) and Heineken (‘s-Hertogenbosch).
- Thursday: Lectures among others on Colour and Taste Transitions, on Molecular gastronomy, on labelling and certification Halal; Preview of being employed in an international food company; Group work PD case.
- Friday: 3D printing with demonstration Fablab Wageningen Campus (tbc); Group work PD case, presentations of cases; Closure 16:30 hrs (UTC=1)